Saturday, October 13, 2007

Faith departed. Has it happened too soon?

Faith.
I have lost faith. would that also mean passion? yes. I have officially lost it.
Ok. Human nature is predominantly and is unabashedly ruled by Desire.And if you stare even for a second around you, you will see people battling for a bargain, saving money, using it for another of their artificial necessities. You don't stop. And when you do, you begin writing this piece like I am doing right now, to get it off your chest. To contemplate and find an answer. And most of you just don't. Because there are a lots of things to do. I had them too, but seems like I lost my path, and no one showed me the way. To get away from it all we listen to songs. Most songs we hear, are always melancholic, sad or contemplative, wondering, most times I am trying to picture someone who could fit that song, how am I supposed to relate to it otherwise? So the ones don't fit in. I just don't listen. That's how you ask your friends to help you with a good set of contemplative songs/ ghazals / happy/ fun/ sleazy/ songs, so that they elevate that mood for you.That's the way it works. But songs are one of the best temporary solutions you can find, besides shopping and food and friends. I saw this movie, the other day, Pursuit of happyness. It's a briliant story, and I want to feel that way. I really do. But my faith has departed. It's hard to bring it back, I need to live for something, that truly means something to me, and once I do, maybe I should find it sooner, or else it will be too late.

* Ironically as soon as I posted this, my player sang this song " AAshayein" from the movie Iqbal :)

Maybe there's still hope left, or I just need to wake up to find that spirit.

1 comment:

Shreeja said...

it's like lose connection....flickers and comes on and then goes off.....
what we need is a mechanic to make the connection strong....
...so passion flows...and switch is always on..and that there's no power failure...
and no short cicuits..either...