Thursday, November 8, 2007

enituoR.enituoR.enituoR : That's what life has become.

Its happy diwali

and I am not in the mood to celebrate, with grandpa not here, its a little damp. i smile, I talk, I weep when I see movies, but its not the same. There's grandpa right in front of my eyes. drifting. Smiling, forever smiling. And always in my heart.


I have moved on. Thankfully. I was evading from a gruesome attack that had plagued me but I am out of it now. And on the path of self renewal, a few old familiar faces keep me company and let me drift in this life. Exploring. Finding curiosity in a child's eyes, is most amusing to me. It wraps my heart with such fondness that I seem to be falling in love with kids at first sight. I was a kid once, and I am still a kid now.

Thoughts of food entice me, and that seems to be the only instant gratification I have found besides music and movies.

Maybe now is the time to really create. I will make these 3 days really memorable, I promise.

Today, a familiar face stood in front of me, hanging by the handles of the train.And neither of us, wanted to know what we both were upto. We didn't care. I smiled at the circumstance, but I was never a good friend of hers. But the formality, we thought wasn't required. I have gained weight, and she on the other hand looked quite fit, but troubled. Doesn't everyone of us look wearisome, after a hard day's toil. Maybe the life in Bombay is making us, machines, a well-oiled machine with no sentiments left...

I happened to remember I had the 'Dombivali fast' Cd with me, and it so happens that my Mom was really eager to see it for quite sometime now, so well, in the CD went, and boom the movie began. Sandeep Kulkarni stars in the film, and the film cruises with such dexterity, that you are astonished at the wit and exactitude of the dialogues, there's no doubt that he's a theatre actor. The feel, the passion. Brilliant. A few Marathi movies have been able to achieve such repertoire. It is one of the excellently directed and well performed movies of all time for me. It's something like Nayak, starring Anil Kapoor. However Nayak, was a movie that strengthened hope while this one, slaps you with practicality.It is so heartrending, to see a Mumbaikar who is fed up, actually emerges from the sea of people that walk the crowd and grabs your heart, squeezes it so hard that it hurts, the monstrosity does. But that hand leaves and you sink back into your chair with thoughts whirring in your mind, and you just wonder. What now.....What now?

Sandeep Kulkarni, I have heard also stars in a Marathi play called Aamchya Gharat, and I was 10 years old when I saw it, at a Ganeshotsav Mandal in Lokhandwala.I still remember the intensity. I would love to see it again.

And on the office front, I realised that I proved today that I was a true blue movie buff. And I deserve a trophy. Well, all in all, a decent end to a fairly good start.

No comments: