Monday, September 17, 2007

Why am I here?

OOOhh here it comes.I have said it. Have been doing a little philosophising lately. Oh don't we all?Life and Death. The eternally mystifying question. But I have stopped thinking about it, only to realise that I can't make my head work at it anymore. Thinking about it 24/7 anyone can worn oneself out. I have been beaten by this question a hell lotta times. Its like trying to solve a geometry problem, only you don't know the step by step procedure for it.

In this Spanish movie, I forget the name. A man who has been paralysed for 28 years,and who seeks euthanasia, is given a deadly medicine, by his best friend and lover. She quietly asks him, facing the most beautiful view,he would have ever seen in his entire life. And whispers; " When you die, would you come to visit me in my dreams?" And to that, that old sprightly man replies, "Dear, I would come to you in your dreams and slip under your sheets and make wonderful love to you. But, to tell you the truth, I believe that After Death, there is absolutely nothing. Man comes from nothing and goes to nothing. He is alone when he enters the world and alone when he leaves it."(The quote is not exact, yet i have tried my best to tell you what he meant, with the help of lyrics of Outlandish song- Walou)At that, his lover is taken aback, yet hugs him.

This is what I believe too.

We meet several hundreds of people everyday. School, college, work, neighbours, work colleagues. What is the point? There is no point to any of it. But maybe just maybe. We get along with a few, and only those who stick to our hands like the grains of sand as it leaves our fist, those are the truly good ones, who have come to tolerate us.

For they are the ones, who truly love.

1 comment:

Shreeja said...

i donno whether what the man said is true or not....
but..
..i like to believe...
dreams connect us to people beyond the living world....
and there is a place...a dimension...
where love converges....
across the bridges of time and space.