Monday, September 24, 2007

And we raised the Trophy! not the finger ...lol


Ah We won! At last.

Yes, this is the wonderful game of cricket I am talking about.And India won. Finally.The crowd at Johannesburg was a mini India really, with flags unfurled, and the roar of an Indian cricket maniac reverberated in my ear even after the chaos had died down!Boy! it was a match to have " Not missed". It reinstilled my faith in this lethargic team, and I felt immense pride as the boys ran in the ground parading with my Indian flag. I normally don't watch cricket matches so much, but a match with Australia and Pakistan and Sri Lanka are one of those that Keep me hooked on to the Television set.







This match had me and my mom in splits. Coz of nervousness, of course. Its funny how, when when Pakistan could have easily scored those 158 runs, nobody could do a Yuvraj, by giving 6 sixes in an over.We changed the channel, when 7 balls were left, to Sony Pix, where this fat old guy from Robin Hood's team falls into a puddle, and starts struggling and only when Robin helps him up, he says thank you for saving my life. LOL. We couldn't stop laughing. We waited for shouts to emerge, to know if someone had taken a wicket. And in a minute or two we did. We swapped the channel to ESPN, and there it was written, in quite modest letters: India win by 5 runs. Oh it looked so brilliant.




One thing for sure. The captain of the Pakistani cricket team, when he comes to the podium,after receiving his medal, to chat with Ravi Shastri, he thanks the Muslims in the world,And when Irfan Pathan comes to chat with Ravi, he says, Insha allah, as he began saying his thank you. Its like God was on both the sides. It was only the skills that mattered today,and a little bit of luck.


I must say, hats off to Dhoni, for being a wonderful Captain, with an aggressive spirit and a steady mind.

Keep making us proud, as they CHAK DE INDIA!

P.S: Shahrukh Khan was there to cheer on, but the boys surely took the limelight, and SRK looked like one happy Indian, who couldn't contain himself as he lifted Harbhajan paaji up in the air!

1 comment:

Shreeja said...

heya
i'd changed the channel too....with that 6 in the last over.
cudn't take the tension...
...
.....and my mom(especially) and everyone and me shrieked so loudly at every ball the last two overs...
tht my head went for a six...too...

i'm a happy Indian too.
wat's a migraine for the country?

lol